St. Paul's members are involved in our church and our community. Our committees represent our ministries and handle many of the functional areas of our church such as finance and communications, as well as external events such as welcoming new members. If any of the ministries below interest you, please contact the church office.
Altar Guild Committee – Chaired by Dottie Gennaro
- The Altar Guild is responsible for preparing the altar for all services held in the church. The committee manages and maintains supplies.
Campus Review Committee - Co-chaired by Robert Inglis and Libby Tracey
- This committee has oversight and management of the buildings and grounds on the St. Paul’s campus. It recommends maintenance activities that are subject to Vestry approval and oversees the completion of approved projects.
Capital Planning Committee - Co-Chaired by Ken Beaugrand and Robert Felch
- This committee works with liaisons with the Finance and Campus Review committees to develop a five- to ten-year capital program for St. Paul's. This planning not only identifies capital needs but evaluates and documents funding sources for the church.
Communications Committee – Chaired by Patsy Wright
- This committee develops and oversees the broad public communications of the church. These include Tidings, our newsletter, and our website. It also works with our Rector on the weekly parish updates. Additionally, the committee is continuously reviewing and seeking to reinforce our "branding" to assure continuity with our activities.
Hospitality Committee – Chaired by Olly Wolf
- The Hospitality Committee oversees the coffee hour that follows Sunday's principal worship service. It also helps manage special events such as our Ships Inn dinners and the St. Paul's Suppers dessert program. It oversees the scheduling and management of events in Gardner Hall. It assures that we have adequate staff to manager our commercial kitchen and arranges training for that staff.
Finance Committee – Chaired by Sandy Keys
- The Finance Committee assists the Vestry in its fiduciary responsibilities. It provides broad oversight of St. Paul’s finances and recommends to the Vestry ways to maintain prudent financial practices and procedures. As such, it also oversees the management and results of our long-term investment funds. Additionally, it works with the Treasurer (who is a standing member) to ensure that the congregation is regularly informed of the parish’s financial standing.
Mission Committee - Co-chaired by Bob Felch and Frank Robinson
- This committee’s mission of service on Nantucket aspires to the teachings of Matthew 25:40. It reads “in as much as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Acting with a spirit of God’s love and compassion, we seek to bring about meaningful change, one person and community at a time. It provides non-denominational support to help alleviate suffering, enhance wellbeing and provide comfort to those in need in Nantucket and beyond. The Mission Committee oversees the St. Paul's Supper program; our work with the Nantucket Public School System; the Laundry Love program, and our support for the island's Food Pantry.
- The St. Paul's Supper program requires four volunteers to bake desserts, assemble dinners and deliver them. Contact Bob Felch via the Church Office if you'd like to volunteer.
Stewardship Committee- Co-chaired by Peter Barnes and Patsy Wright
- This committee overseas our annual Stewardship Campaign for financial pledges that support for St. Paul's operations; pledge income provides more than 80% of the funding of the church's budget, which typically exceeds $500,000 a yea4. The committee establishes the annual stewardship message, prepares fundraising materials and manages the church member database to assure we reach all parishioners and friends of St. Paul’s.
- The Nominating Committee is appointed annually by the Vestry to organize and manage the nominating process for Vestry officers and members, under the by-laws of St. Paul's.
- This ministry provides weekly bible study classes led by Father Max. This Ministry in evaluating its offerings in a post pandemic environment.
- We welcome lay participation in our services. As outline elsewhere on this site, these roles include ushering; the Altar Guild; lectors and eucharistic ministers. Additionally, our music program offers choir participation for those who love to sing.